I’m a writer by nature and education, and this is where you’ll find my posts.
- Resource of the Day (RoD): Dr. Lindo Bacon’s Body RespectIf you don’t already know, I’ve long struggled with weight and body image. It’s a major source of trauma. It’s why I started therapy. Earlier this year, I read The F*ck It Diet by Caroline Dooner, and it challenged my understanding of eating, exercise, and bodies entirely. From there, I wanted to know more about… Read More »Resource of the Day (RoD): Dr. Lindo Bacon’s Body Respect
- Resource of the Day (RoD): Privilege, but Funny?Still doing the work for the 21-Day Equity Challenge. It’s taken me two months to review the content for the first, oh, five days. Anyway, they linked to the video below, and it is funny as fuck. But also infuriating. Funfuriating? Anyway, watch it. Probably not in front of children or your boss though. By… Read More »Resource of the Day (RoD): Privilege, but Funny?
- Resource of the Day (RoD): WTF, Philly?Did you know, in 1985, the city of Philadelphia bombed its own Black citizens? America, you are a fucked up place.
- Resource of the Day (RoD): Self-CompassionI asked for this pain.
- Resource of the Day: “We’re Really Fucked Now”One of our best local reporters, Aaron Calvin, wrote a piece for Iowa Informer, and it conveys pretty much everything I’m thinking. The governor returned to her podium with a democratically delivered mandate for her to simply continue looking on as the suffering and death piled up. Aaron calvin, “We’re really fucked now,” Iowa Informer