I haven’t been active because I’ve been sick since last Wednesday. But I’m trying to get back into the swing of things. Which . . . speaking of swing . . .
I have a sinus or ear infection of some kind, but with it has come intense vertigo that was sometimes causing me to lose control over my eyes. As scary as fuck as that sounds, it turns out it’s common. It’s called benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (or BPPV). As I’ve dealt with vertigo before and am quite a klutz anyway, I’ve done a lot of sitting and sleeping. I also got tested for COVID-19, which was negative. Thanks to BPPV, I’ve also learned how willing my doctor is to do telehealth and to suggest free resources for physical therapy (because I don’t have insurance anymore).
Getting sick in a pandemic is a whole thing, y’all.
I wanted to provide some other updates.
- I’m cutting way back on Instagram use. Facebook/Instagram is getting increasingly greedy and evil, and I don’t wish to take part in that. I’ll keep my account, and I’ll use it, but I won’t be engaging as much. As a business owner, this hurts. I’ve depended upon IG for marketing, but this forces me to go beyond the easy methods of social media. I anticipate a serious drop in revenue (not like I had a lot to begin with) until I can adjust to the new methods.
- The new methods are this website and Patreon.
- I’m killing the resource of the day. I’m just gonna post like a normal person.
- I’m actively seeking clients for social justice consulting. This includes anything to do with our identities including race and gender.
- The Winter Solstice Drive is in full effect! Please consider donating!
There’s probably more, but I’m ready for a damn nap. More to come soon!