Some quick thoughts:
- Black Cat Ice Cream is going where Woody’s Smoke Shack was. That’s a sad sign for any potential return of Woody’s/Stew’s after Stew’s passing. We were holding out hope.
- I’m pretty sure Tacos mi Carmelo is closed. We passed it, and it looked deserted. I’ll have to double check though.
- I can’t find anything about Wol’s beyond filing for a liquor license.
- TH Cheesecakes is in Waukee, but I can’t tell if they have a location or operate inside another place. I’ll be checking that out, and I’ll update when I find out.
- Are picnics the new food trend? It’s a pandemic-friendly way to eat. Might as well be. I think we’re beyond the charcuterie boom.
- As always, if you know of any changes for food businesses in the area, please let me know!