Exercise is body movement. Our bodies need not conform to the fitness industry or diet culture. We can keep it simple:
- Dance: Nothing formal. Put on that song that makes you move, and move to it even if you’re sitting. My choice: Area by Magnus the Magnus from the iPhone ad.
- Wiggle: Sometimes, I just wiggle like the Shaq gif.
- Wave: My friend moves in waves, and it’s beautiful. I had an anxiety attack the other night, got out of bed, sat on my ottoman, and just moved my arms in a Michelle-inspired way.
- Stretch: I don’t mean follow that list of stretches trainers show you. Hell, even those graphics are centered on fit White dudes. I mean stretch whatever part of your body feels tight.
- Rest: Maybe your body needs rest over movement. We undervalue rest.